Tuesday, October 27, 2009
I love the homework this week!
This week you have to design a Wharenui - Meeting House.
See below for the criteria.
1. The wharenui is at least the size of a shoe box.
2. The wharenui is made out of at least 3 recycled materials. Eg twigs, leaves, shoebox, scrap material, unwanted material.
3. The wharenui has an apex roof.
4. The wharenui has one modern design. Eg a glass window, a solar panel, the colour of the front is not traditional.
5. The wharenui has Maori traditional designs.
You need to draw and label your Wharenui design in your homework book first. Collect your materials from home, outside, the beach, or even the bush. Think about how you will put everything together, ie strong glue, sellotape, and wire. Have fun!
Posted by Blogs at Muritai at 4:16 PM